Understanding the roots of cancer is just not a matter of great need but also that of immense interest and mystery. It was a previously known fact that a cell sometimes intends to keep on multiplying while it forgets to die at the same time hence causing a cancerous tumour though it is to be noted that not all tumours cause cancer but only a specific type of tumours do.
Types of Cancer
Cancer is undoubtedly one of the most complicated diseases which had over 200 types. Some of them are seen on a general basis –
- Lung cancer
- Liver cancer
- Colon cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Lung cancer
- Breast cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Liver cancer
You definitely hear about and in fact are accustomed to the above ones, while other are quite rare meanwhile dangerous, some of which are-
- Leukaemia – It happens in blood or in the bone marrow of a person which initiates the abnormal growth of white blood cells. This even leads to poor clotting of blood and even terrible immunity.
- Lymphoma – As predicted by the name itself, it is a cancer of lymphatic system. It is further classified into Hodgkin’s lymphoma and Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Vaginal Cancer – This kind of cancer happens due to the formation of malignant cells in the vagina. It is initiated with unusual vaginal discharge and trouble while urinating at early stages.
- Salivary Gland Cancer – It is one of the rarest cancers which occurs in the salivary glands with early symptoms such as numb face, pain and difficulty in swallowing. It is generally treated with surgery; the latter options are radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Neuroblastoma – It is a type of cancer that occurs in a specific point of nerve cells. This usually takes place in toddlers and kids. And is extremely rare among one over the age of 10.
- Bile Duct Cancer – Bile ducts are tiny tubes that bridges liver to the small intestine. This cancer can take place in any part of the bile duct and it’s begins with a mark of jaundice or sudden weight loss.
- Mesothelioma – It occurs in the tissues that cover the lungs, sometimes heart, stomach as well as some other organs. This kind of cancer generally can’t be cured even though they can treat to reduce the further damage or pain.
What Are the Roots of Cancer?
The exact cause of cancer is still ambiguous though there has been a lot of theories that predict to be the roots of cancer, while some are genetically acquire as well caused due to internal mutations, whereas others might have external cause.
Mutation is caused due to alteration of DNA sequence or any other genetic element in the cell. It is even being proceed that mutations are too swift in causing cancers-
- It just takes a single mutation to cause testicular and thyroid cancers.
- Four mutations and its done gift breast as well as liver cancer.
- Whereas it almost takes minimum 10 mutations to drive a colorectal cancer.
On the other hand, the external factors that can be held responsible for the ignition of cancer are-
- In the past few years, the drastic rise in the processing of genetically mutilated food products have severe effect on human health paving way for an alarming number of diseases which includes cancer too.
- Another severe reason behind the cause of cancer is the high intake of canned food items that contain bisphenol-A (BPA) which is capable of altering the human brain cells.
- It’s even found the red meat are highly capable of increasing chances of cancer including the intake of white flour as well as farmed fishes.
- Another cause that can be easily avoided is by minimising the intake of microwaved food as much as possible.
- Alcohol, cigarettes, soda as well as carbonated beverages are also vital reasons behind the occurrence of the cancer.
- Whereas some highly consumed food products such as hydrogenated oils, processed meats, refined sugar as well as saturated fats increase the risk of formation of cancerous cells.
While no treatment is extremely assuring while it comes to rooting out cancer, it must not be wrong to say that many of them are curable at certain point of time. Some of the treatments for this killer catastrophe include-
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Precision Medicine
Whatever be the reason behind the cause of Cancer it is quite irritable now that it is the amount of mutation occurring in the cell that gives close to the type of cancer it is capable of developing. It must be noted as such that as the cells evolves so does the symptoms and effects of cancer and hence it would be wrong to say that this disease has been same over the ages without any change.