One of the most common kinds of cancer curing in men is the one that happens in the prostate gland. The prostate gland, the male reproductive organ, is located under the bladder and in front of the rectum which is responsible for producing prostate fluid which is one of the constituent of the semen and keeps it fertile and helps in its transportation to the ovum, moreover this gland is also performance a vital role in the urine control in the men’s body. If prostate cancer is predicted early, then it can be treated successfully but once the time is crossed this cancer starts spreading to the bones and can turn out to be extremely dangerous.
Reasons Behind Prostate Cancer
- Prostate cancer generally attacks on men in there later ages especially after 50 or 60.
- The researchers seem to commit that even obesity can be linked to the cause of prostate cancer.
- It is also found out that this disease might be heredity as well, since, a person who has a family history of prostate cancer in his father or brother is more likely to be affected by it.
- Men who tend to be indulged in healthy physical activities as well as exercises are less vulnerable to prostate cancer.
- What food one consumes also contributed the great deal to this kind of cancer cells, as such, intake of red meat synthesised or genetically mutilated food items along with the foods containing huge amounts of fats must be minimised.
- It is even seen that men of certain ethnic group are more prone to prostate cancer than others like the African and African-Caribbean tend to acquire prostate cancer more than white or Asian men.
Early Signs of Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer does not really show symptoms at early stages but only when the tumour gets large enough to hinder the position of the urethra.
- It causes frequent urge to urinate especially at night time.
- It also feels as if the person has not emptied his bladder completely even after urinating.
- It also initiates difficulty in passing urine.
- One might also feel to rush to the toilet even if it isn’t so or all he needed is just to urinate.
- Another uncommon symptom of prostate cancer is that the patient encounters blood in his semen as well as urine.
Treating Prostate Cancer
- Active Surveillance – This is generally practiced on men while they are at early period of the cancer and are with longer period of life expectancy as the treatment for prostate cancer obviously comes with some serious Side effects where men fail to maintain their erection or tend to lose control over the flow of urine. They are hence, kept under surveillance and their symptoms are watched carefully to note any further changes with curative local therapy.
- Watchful Waiting – It is often an option with a person in the dawn of his life who has already acquired a number of deadly diseases and is noted expected to live longer than 5 years. Here, the routinely treatments arrive biopsies as in the earlier case are not carried out.
- Surgery – The surgery is carried out by an oncologist who performs the surgery to remove the tumour from the prostate region. Moreover, if the malignant cells have already spread out of the cross-street region then it is also collaborated with other treatments in order to remove cancer. They are basically of two types- Radical (open) prostatectomy and Robotic or laparoscopic prostatectomy.
- Radiation Therapy – this therapy uses high energy rays are photons to kill the cancerous cells. It is only effective when the cancer is localised or locally advanced similar to the case of surgery.
- Chemotherapy – It uses a number of drugs to treat the prostate cancer which basically includes docetaxel, cabazitaxel and mitoxantrone. Where the docetaxel tends to be the most common for treating men with this kind of cancer. Moreover, chemotherapy is occasionally suggested to treat the cancer when in its advanced stage.
- Tailored Treatment – Here artificial intelligence is used to treat prostate cancer in men saving them from severe side effects. It works as the doctor take a close study into the DNA sequence or make up in the prostate cancer cells and even figure out the exact kind of changes occurring there. It is then only that they will go for the selection of the most suited drug for the treatment of this advanced stage prostate cancer in order to stop it from further spreading.
Some prostate cancer tends to grow slowly while others are extremely radical and hence they must be treated after leaving it radiotherapy or hormone therapy, chemotherapy or tailor therapy depending on the factor that which must be the best suited for the patient at first place with minimum side effects and longer life expectancy with least future troubles regarding the same.